Do prenatal yoga during pregnancy is a very good choice for mother to keep in shape. This exercise will not only be good for the health of the mother and the baby, but also to prepare it for labour.
What can you expect of a prenatal yoga class?
During a prenatal yoga class mother held various low-intensity exercises to streng then his limbs, as well as also increase your balance and flexibility. To perform them, the mother can use a thin mattress or pillow to provide support.
It will also do breathing exercises, which will help the mother can relieve shortness of breath caused by pregnancy. These exercises will be very useful for the time of delivery, since the mother can take better contractions through breathing.
Finally, the mother will do some relaxation exercises indicated by the instructor.
What are the main benefits of doing prenatal yoga?
- It reduces stress
- It reduces the risk that the mother is intrauterine growth restriction, which slows the growth of the baby
- Decreases hypertension causing the pregnancy because of the physical changes that occur in the body of the mother
- Reduces anxiety
- It improves sleep
- It helps to reduce back pain and headache
- It increases flexibility, strength and the strength of the muscles involved in child birth
- It decreases the risk of preterm birth
- You can help reduce the nausea of the first trimester of pregnancy